Need a problem solved? We can help!
- Submit a Statement of Need -
The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) Research Section receives and solicits new ideas for research projects throughout the year.
These ideas are open for general public, cities, counties, consultants, suppliers, contractors, Universities, FHWA and within Nebraska Department of Transportation.
Prior to submitting your Statement of Need, please contact the Section Lead Engineer to present your project idea or contact the Research Section for assistance.
All Statement of Needs (SON) are compiled and separated into the following four Focus Groups:
- Materials, Pavements, Maintenance, and Construction
- Roadway, Hydraulics and Environmental
- Traffic, Safety, Planning, Transit and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Structures and Geotechnical