Speed Monitoring Trailer
The Speed Monitoring Trailer was purchased with Federal 402 funds by the NDOT-HSO. The Speed Monitoring Trailer was designed to provide the following benefits:
- Provide a visual readout of actual speed vs. posted speed.
- Slow drivers down in critical speed areas (i.e. school zone).
- Projects a law enforcement presence.
- Provides a deterrent effect in reducing the incidence of speed-related crashes.
- Available to any state, county, or municipal law enforcement agency.
- Available to any civic group or organization, in conjunction with their law enforcement agency for use in speed reduction.
To Reserve the Speed Monitoring Trailer:
- Must be a request by a Nebraska Law Enforcement Agency.
- Limit to a two-week time period.
- State the location where the trailer will be used.
- State the event or traffic issue that will be addressed by the use of the Speed Trailer.
- Provide contact information: name, phone number and/or email address.
Click here to submit a request to HSO Traffic Safety Specialist Paul Letcher.
Speed Monitoring Trailer Activity Report