Breath Alcohol Supplies  |  Order Form

The Nebraska Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office (NDOT-HSO) provides breath alcohol testing supplies for preliminary breath testers (PBTs) and evidentiary breath testing units to assist Nebraska law enforcement agencies in their alcohol enforcement efforts. The breath alcohol testing supplies, consisting of mouthpieces for preliminary and evidentiary instruments, are provided at no cost to Nebraska law enforcement agencies.


Dry Gas Cylinders  |  Request for Approval

Dry gas cylinders used to calibrate preliminary breath testing instruments are available to Nebraska law enforcement agencies. Law enforcement agencies are REQUIRED to submit a Request For Approval To Order Dry Gas Cylinders to the NDOT-HSO. The NDOT-HSO will provide funding only to those law enforcement agencies requesting permission prior to ordering dry gas cylinders.


Due to new federal guidelines, the NDOT-Highway Safety Office (HSO) is required to ensure all applicants are not suspended or debarred online at the federal official website System for Award Management (SAM),

All agencies requesting funding assistance will need to be registered and current at the website. 


NDOT-HSO will place the order for the cylinder/regulator for the approved law enforcement agencies and have the supplies shipped to the street address provided on the Request For Approval To Order Dry Gas Cylinders.


IMPORTANT: Upon receipt of the dry gas cylinder complete the following as proof of delivery:

  • Stamp date received and sign or initial packing slip.
  • Fax (402-471-3865) or email Paul Letcher ( a copy of the packing slip.
  • If packing slip is unavailable, provide a signed affidavit stating receipt of cylinder by agency.


NDOT-HSO has a limited supply of wet bath alcohol simulators with the digital readout. Solution for the simulators must be ordered by the individual agencies.


If you have any questions regarding alcohol testing supplies, contact Traffic Safety Specialist Paul Letcher.



Alcohol/Drug Fatal Crash Information Report Forms

This form will be used by law enforcement/county attorneys to report the alcohol and drug analysis for all drivers/pedestrians involved in a fatality crash on any Nebraska roadway.

This form can be used by law enforcement/county attorneys to request reimbursement for the cost of the alcohol/drug analysis for fatal crash drivers/pedestrians.



IGNITION INTERLOCK DEVICE - Equipment / Installation Information



Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutor

The Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutor (TRSP) is available to assist city and county attorneys with prosecution of impaired driving and motor vehicle homicide cases. The TSRP is also available to provide training and other technical assistance in traffic-related cases.  For more information, contact Ed Vierk at the Nebraska Attorney General's Office,
phone (402) 471-3824 or by email at