Wind Measurement Equipment Towers in Nebraska by County
Register or Notice of Removal of Wind Measurement Equipment Towers (2010-LB 1048)
Wind Measurement Equipment Towers (MET Tower) in Nebraska that exceed a height of 50’ and are outside the boundaries of any incorporated city or village are required to be registered with the NDOT / Division of Aeronautics.
Notice must be filed with the Division of Aeronautics when Wind Measurement Equipment Towers are removed.
Register a MET Tower or Send Notice of Removal of a MET Tower
Regulations of Structures, Permit to Build Structures over 150' AGL
A separate permit is required from the NDOT / Division of Aeronautics before erecting/building any structure exceeding a height of 150 feet above the surface of the ground at the point of installation, unless erected under the authority of a license or permit issued by a federal agency. See Nebraska Revised Statutes 3-401 et. Seq.
- Military Low-Level Flight Area Determination can be accessed at: http://maps.nebraska.gov/ndot/tfta
- FAA Notice Criteria Tool
- Download the instructions and the permit forms in pdf format.
- Download FAA Form 7460-1 with instructions in pdf format.
Safety Marking for MET Towers
- Nebraska Aviation Trades Association MET Tower Marking Guidance
- Federal Register June 24, 2011 - Marking Meteorological Evaluation Towers
- National Transportation Safety Board, Safety Recommendations
- FAA Advisory Circular 70/7460-1K, Obstruction Marking and Lighting
- Nebraska Statute 66-1901, Wind Measurement Equipment Registration
- Tower owner information: Click-General Menu Reports at http://fcc.gov/searchtools.html
The information on this website is made available in compliance with Nebraska Revised Statutes section 66-1901.
This information is provided by the person or firms owning or leasing the wind measurement equipment whose identity appears on the Form.
The State of Nebraska, NDOT / Division of Aeronautics, assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein.