Wind Measurement Equipment Towers in Nebraska by County
Register or Notice of Removal of Wind Measurement Equipment Towers (2010-LB 1048)
Wind Measurement Equipment Towers (MET Tower) in Nebraska that exceed a height of 50’ and are outside the boundaries of any incorporated city or village are required to be registered with the NDOT / Division of Aeronautics.
Notice must be filed with the Division of Aeronautics when Wind Measurement Equipment Towers are removed.
Register a MET Tower or Send Notice of Removal of a MET Tower
Mail a completed pdf form:
- Download the appropriate form: Registration Form | Notice of Removal Form
- Print and complete the form.
- Mail the completed form to:
NDOT / Division of Aeronautics
3431 Aviation Road, Suite 150
Lincoln, NE 68524
- Scan the completed form and email it to email@example.com
Regulations of Structures, Permit to Build Structures over 150' AGL
A separate permit is required from the NDOT / Division of Aeronautics before erecting/building any structure exceeding a height of 150 feet above the surface of the ground at the point of installation, unless erected under the authority of a license or permit issued by a federal agency. See Nebraska Revised Statutes 3-401 et. Seq.
- Military Low-Level Flight Area Determination can be accessed here
- FAA Notice Criteria Tool
- Certification of No Zoning Violations
- Notice of Construction
- Instruction and the Permits to Build forms - pdf format (for individual structure submission) | excel format (for structures submission in group)
- Download FAA Form 7460-1 with instructions in pdf format.
Safety Marking for MET Towers
- Nebraska Aviation Trades Association MET Tower Marking Guidance
- Marking MET Towers: Nebraska Revised Statute 3-407.01
- National Transportation Safety Board, Safety Recommendations
- FAA Advisory Circular 70/7460-1K, Obstruction Marking and Lighting
- Nebraska Statute 66-1901, Wind Measurement Equipment Registration
- Tower owner information: Click-General Menu Reports at http://fcc.gov/searchtools.html
The information on this website is made available in compliance with Nebraska Revised Statutes section 66-1901.
This information is provided by the person or firms owning or leasing the wind measurement equipment whose identity appears on the Form.
The State of Nebraska, NDOT / Division of Aeronautics, assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein.