Training and Workshops
No information at this time.
(Use the RSVP or Request Training button below)
Traffic Incident Management - Responder Training
This free 4-hour class is available to all disciplines of emergency responders and covers building teams who can work together in a coordinated manner, from the moment the first emergency call is made. You will learn the correct deployment of response vehicles and equipment, how to create a safe work area using traffic control devices, and techniques to speed up accident clearance with an emphasis on reducing the number of struck-by and deaths of roadway workers and responders, reducing secondary crashes, reducing on-scene times of responders of roadway incidents and continuing public education with regard to Nebraska traffic laws pertaining to this issue.
- January 23 at 6:00 p.m. – Holdrege, NE
- January 27 at 8:00 a.m. – Kearney NE
- January 27 at 1:00 p.m. – Kearney NE
- January 28 at 6:00 p.m. – Dodge, NE
- February 17 at 6:00 p.m. – Bennington, NE
- February 19 at 7:00 p.m. – Tecumseh, NE
- March 16 at 6:00 p.m. – Pilger, NE
- March 23 at 6:30 pm – Brainard, NE
- April 27 at 6:00 p.m. – Mullen, NE
- May 16 at 8:00 a.m. – Grand Island, NE
- May 19 at 6:00 p.m. – Hallam, NE
Traffic Incident Management (TIM) - Train the Trainer
The Train the Trainer (TtT) course is intended to provide participants (i.e., trainers) the knowledge and materials necessary for them to conduct TIM training for responders in their area or state. The TtT is a one-day course that covers eight hours of material, including classroom training and hands-on activities. Target audience for this course is all TIM response disciplines.
*Participant expectations: Prior instructional and TIM experience, commitment to providing training to other TIM responders, Commitment to submitting your TIM training records via the National TIM SharePoint site.