Work Zone Safety Videos
Work Zone Safety Resources
- FHWA Work Zone Safety Site
- Work Zone Safety Tips
- Motor Vehicle Fatal Traffic Crashes in Work Zones - 2006-2016
Work Zone Safety Reminders
- Drive smart in work zones!
- Don't crowd.
- Most work zone crashes in Nebraska involve rear-end collisions.
- Leave 2 seconds of braking time between you and the car in front of you.
- Day and Night:
- Turn your headlights on.
- Pay Attention.
- Buckle up. Safety belts only work when you use them.
Work Zone Safety for Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV)
Stay Alert! 30% of fatal crashes in work zones involved at least one large truck.
- Slow down, maintain extra following space, and be prepared to stop.
- Obey all work zone signs and signals.
- Scan ahead for changing traffic patterns, and be alert to vehicles entering your blind spots.
- Keep a sharp eye out for road workers and flag crews.
- Always signal and brake to give other drivers plenty of time to notice your intent.
- Driving too fast for weather or road conditions or failing to slow down for curves or ramps create risks for spills and rollovers, as well as crashes.
- Buckle up every time.
- Never drive fatigued; get enough rest.
- Stay up to date on weather and road conditions, & detours. Use 511.nebraska.gov.