Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. §84-901.03
General Guidelines for work to be performed within NDOT ROW
- Concrete within NDOT ROW shall be 47B-3500.
- Concrete within NDOT ROW shall be made with Type 1P cement. Refer to section 1002.02.
- NDOT’s Materials & Research Division recommends all PCC pavement on the project use the same cement to mitigate severe deterioration due to ASR.
- PCC Turn Lanes/Drives built adjacent to NDOT PCC pavement will be tied in accordance with Details of Tie Bar in Standard Plan 329-R10.
- PCC Turn Lanes/Drives built adjacent to NDOT Composite pavement (HMA over PCC) will be tied in accordance with Details of Tie Bar in Standard Plan 329-R10.
- A haunch (thickened edge) may be required to provide sufficient depth for tie bars.
- PCC Turn Lanes built adjacent to NDOT PCC with underlying foundation course will also include foundation course to maintain drainage.
- Foundation course may be Bituminous Millings, Crushed Concrete, or Aggregate D.
- Any foundation course used shall be drained with granular subdrains or pipe underdrains.
- Turn Lanes/Drives built adjacent to NDOT HMA will require a saw cut to achieve a clean vertical edge. Any existing asphalt shoulder will be removed to provide access to mainline pavement.
- Compaction requirements must be included for prepared or stabilized subgrades.
- Foundation Course and Subgrade Preparation shall extend 3’ beyond edge of pavement.
- Subgrade Preparation 12” shall be done in two 6” lifts.
- The proposed pavement structure needs to match with NDOT existing pavement.
- The plan set needs to include traffic volume data to evaluate the proposed pavement thickness.
- All work within NDOT ROW shall reference Standard Specification for Highway Construction 2017 edition.
- Compaction Requirements
- Foundation Course Options
- Granular Sub-Drain Details
- Granular Subdrain Specifications
- Haunch Detail
- Standard Plan 329-R10