Motorcycle Safety - Look Twice & Save a Life
May 26, 2017
With spring here, more and more motorcyclists are out on the road taking advantage of the warmer weather. Safety on our roads is every driver's responsibility. Both motorcyclists and other motorists have a responsibility to look out for each other, share the road, and drive cautiously. May is motorcycle safety awareness month; learn what you can do to help keep everyone safe on the road.
- Always wear a helmet & appropriate gear.
- Use your headlights.
- Follow the rules of the road; obey the speed limit, use turn signals, and be sure to make yourself visible to other drivers.
- Share the road!
- Increase your following distance for motorcyclists.
- Look twice before turning or changing lanes; sometimes a quick glance is too short to spot a motorcyclist.
- Check your blind spots often.